Throughout the Redemptorist world, there are lay people
who share the spirit and missionary zeal of the Congregation
(Constitutions of the Redemptorists, No. 085).
These women and men accompany the confreres in a variety of ways, all of them contributing to breaking open among the poor and forgotten the Good News of the Most Holy Redeemer.
- work around the edges of Church and society, so do our lay associates.
- are intent on living the Gospel, so are our associates.
- live and work in community, so do some of our associates.
- live informally in prayer, mission and recreation, so do our associates.
- promote the prayer life of the people, so do our associates.
- study the Scriptures and explore culture, so do our associates.
- work for justice in the world, so do our associates.
- burn with a zeal for the most abandoned, so do our associates.
Among our associates are:
An Associate’s Prayer
O my Jesus, my love, my all, teach me to know from which things I ought detach myself, and what I must do to please you. O my beloved Redeemer, behold this day I give myself completely to you and without any conditions. Mary, my mother, obtain this grace for me. Amen.
(St Alfonso de Liguori, 1696-1787)