Jesus speaks to us…from the inside of his own experience of the passion.
He says to us what he has said before, but he says it differently… There is a ‘cast’ of significant people… Mary his Mother, Simon, Veronica, the Women of Jerusalem, the young man at tomb, the women at tomb, the martyrs down the centuries….
We use introductory texts, mainly from Mark’s gospel, and we listen to what he says to us.
If you truly love, one day, you will be crucified. If you do not love, you are dead already- Herbert McCabe, OP
1. Jesus is condemned to death
2. Jesus carries the cross
3. Jesus falls the first time
4. Jesus meets his mother
5. Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus carry his cross
6. Veronica wipes Jesus’ face
7. Jesus falls the second time
8. Jesus meets the women
9. Jesus falls a third time
10. Jesus is stripped
11. Jesus is nailed to the Cross
12. Jesus dies on the Cross
13. Jesus is taken down from the Cross
14. Jesus is laid in a tomb